Release Date: 28/06/2019
On 22 July 1969, the world celebrated mankind’s first steps upon the surface of the moon with the successful Apollo 11 landing.
And in no country was this historic event more celebrated musically than Jamaica, where an array of local recording artists penned and cut songs to mark the occasion.
Now, in honour of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, a dozen of the most popular and sought-after moon-themed reggae tracks from the period have been gathered on this celebratory LP.
The result is a joyous collection of original boss reggae sounds, sure to appeal to fans of late 1960s Jamaican music, collectors of space oddities and the curious, drawn to the irresistible pleasures of lunar reggae!
1. Moon Hop â€“ Derrick Morgan & The Rudies (UK chart hit)
2. Moon Shot â€“ Karl Bryan with Tommy McCook & The Supersonics (unavailable on vinyl since 1969)
3. Doing The Moonwalk â€“ Nicky Thomas
4. Moon Rock â€“ Earl Bailey (previously unreleased in the UK)
5. Come We A Go Moon Walk â€“ The Kingstonians
6. Boss A Moon â€“ Sonny Binns & The Rudies (unavailable on vinyl since 1970)
1. Man Pon Moon â€“ Derrick Morgan (unavailable on vinyl since 1969)
2. Moon Dust â€“ Ansel Collins & The Beverley's All Stars
3. Creature From The Moon â€“ King Horror & The Rudies (previously unreleased on vinyl)
4. Moon Invader â€“ Winston Wright with Tommy McCook & The Supersonics
5. Apollo 11 â€“ The Moon Boys
6. Skinhead Moonstomp â€“ Symarip (UK chart hit)